Welcome to ToTG!



July 21, 2007

Aw, Emmit!

THIS STORY was in the side-bar newsfeed and is about some comments that Emmitt Smith made concerning the Michael Vick dogfighting scandal. Vick, as you may or may not know, is the starting quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons and Smith is saying Vick is "being used".

"He's the biggest fish in the whole doggone pond right now so they're putting the squeeze on him to get to everyone else," Smith said Saturday.

The article FINALLY says Smith also places some blame on Vick.

*sigh*

How 'bout all of it, Emmitt? What sort of person fights dogs? My pop used to have bird dogs, even "coon" dogs and I owned a few fighting cocks ( never fought them,tho) but dog fighting is barbaric. I never cared for hunting, but I see the sport in it and also see the necessity in *some* types of hunting in order to control the population of the animal.

Nope, dog fighting's savage, even to me...and I'm to the right of Atilla the Hun.

Vick's just a thug, and Emmitt oughta call him one. I can't decide if Smith is cuttin' Vick some slack because of the NFL ties they share or...something else.

Quite a few years ago I read that there would be some competitive card games in the locker room and on plane rides when Smith was a Dallas Cowboy. ( If Charles Haley wanted to bluff me, I sure would let him. ) I also learned, from reading interviews with his teammates, that Emmitt was a fanatical and pretty darn good domino player.

Stick to Dancing With the Stars and dominos, #22. Don't play the race card.

1 comment:

Carolea said...

I agree with you.