Welcome to ToTG!



July 19, 2007

Lucky Lady-Like Lightning Lenswork



Not the greatest of shots, I know, but I was out on my front porch a few weeks back, goofing around with the settings (supposidly idiot-proof), trying to figure out how best to take a night shot. I've a tripod to steady it for those types of shots, but in this case I was holding the camera, propping it steady against the corner support, taking a few shots with each setting to look at later on my computer monitor. (the camera has a teensy monitor, just barely good enough to frame up a shot)

I was changing settings, watching how the monitor handled the dark night sky and the security light on my neighbor's (L) side door and the lights in the houses to the right, when I saw it start to storm back off in the southwest. This camera is fairly slow in taking a photo with certain settings and will want to flash on some, so I quickly thumbed back to a setting for night and just happened to catch this lightning strike.

It's my imagination, I'm sure, but it looks like the profile of an old lady looking to the right and she has a stocking cap on her head, a Glo-Light necklace, a pointed chin and a nose that's just been blown off up into the air.

Like I say all the time, that's probably just me.

No comments: