Welcome to ToTG!



July 31, 2007

You Snooze, You Lose

Your shoes

Driving down Lefors St. on a drab, dreary day a few weeks back, I could see something swinging from one of the ubiquitious overhead wires. It was at a "T" intersection, and I thought at first the city had put up a traffic light.



As I got closer, I could see it was a pair of sneakers.



I wonder what the story is behind those shoes? Did someone get a brand new pair and decided to get rid of the old ones with a mighty fling? Did some bully take them off a poor kid then throw them over the line to further torment him? Did the kid - and I think they're kid's shoes - get in trouble when he came home sans footwear? Did a huge buzzard eat someone and then regurgitate the clothing as it flew over this part of town?

They're still there, swingin' in the breeze.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Around here a lot of shoes show up like that on tel. wires after school gets out. It's seems to be some sort of tradition to toss your school shoes up as a signal that school's out and the kids are free for the summer.

Mike said...

Couldn't they just get drunk or something? -grin-