Welcome to ToTG!



May 29, 2008

I'm Seeing Double...Again

Ever watch Everybody Loves Raymond?

I never watched it; oh, I've seen bits and pieces of a few reruns, so I am familar with it and the cast. It's a cleverly written show, but I figure it will be on one channel or another (or several at the same time slot) for the next twenty years, so I expect I'll get to see each espisode a dozen or so times before I die.

Speaking of dying, I was saddened to hear of Peter Boyle's death back this last December.

(he's the one in the middle)


You may remember his role as The Monster in Young Frankenstein.



That brings me to this: If you're a regular reader of this blog (and the question would be: Why WOULD you be?) you would most likely know that I'm always "seeing double". No, not in vision, but seeing similarities between people. For instance, I sure think my friend's betrothed looks like a famous movie star and I had a post the other day where I thought the angel atop the empty tomb at the Groom Cross looks like my ex-wife.

As I've mentioned a hundred and forty two times before, I really love to go over to the Groom Cross and am particularly intrigued by the bronze statue's faces. One of my favorite stations is the first one, where Pilate is washing his hands and leaving Jesus to His fate.



After gazing into Pilate's face a dozen times and taking dozens of photos, sorting them, cropping the best ones down to how I like them, I've decided that Pilate has a double, too.


5 comments:

Barb said...

I was saddened when Peter Boyle died.
I was a big X-Files fan in the day and one of my favorite episoids featured Peter Boyle as an insurance salesman who could see the future, in particular how and when a person would die.

Loved him in Young Frankenstein too. Another movie I liked him in was one where he was a mental patient. The leading man in that one was Micheal Keaton. Can't recall the title ( and I'm too lazy to go to IMDb to look it up.

And yup, you're right. I think the sculptor had Peter in mind when he created Pilate.

Mike said...

I saw him in some older movie the other day; he had hair. I wished I had paid more attention to what it was.

I've not seen YF in years and years...and years.

I know the movie you're talking about but I can't remember it either.

I'm too lazy to go look it up. I'll wait on you. *grin*

Mike said...

I go eat at the United (grocery store) deli now and then and sometimes there's a pretty young woman who looks enough like Alison to be her sister or daughter, perhaps a niece.

Not for sure what I should do; I sure would like to post the pic or at least show Alison, but how in the heck am I going to approach this woman and ask to take her picture?

Sure, I could tell her the truth, but most people are a bit loathe to give their permission to take their photo, plus I don't even know if United would let me and if they caught me, would they ban me from the store forever? That'd be horrible.

GOT to get her photo some how, though. It's almost too weird how much they look alike.

Alison said...

Oh my double ! oh Mike you have to get a photo Im so curious now , well dont go getting yourself banned from your eating place , dont know if my dad has ever been around Texas area , he was in the navy years back so im wondering now ( wink ) do I have a sister , well he did travel around the world a bit ! ........
Yes I like using dots a lot ,thanks for informing me of the correct name for them I learn something new every day reading your posts , educated and amused I am , so keep it up and never stop.

sharintexas said...

I'm glad you bumped up these last couple of posts, Mike. I guess I missed them the first time around. You could get a camera cell phone and take a "sneaky" picture of that lady that looks like Alison. And I could also find you when I need to talk to you! Love ya!