Welcome to ToTG!



August 4, 2007

One Particular Horse

Was out on FM 749 south of Pampa on the Bowers City road and saw a half dozen horses and some fat cattle grazing in a field.



As soon as I got out of the truck, they came over to the fence.



The others moved on, but this particular horse wanted something from me, namely to eat my camera. I pulled some Johnson grass from the barditch and fed him.



He didn't mind when I walked away and took his photo from this side.



But he would turn away when I went around to the other, to minimize the shadows made by the setting sun. This particular horse was particular about his profile, I guess.


Finally, he told me in no uncertain terms:



"That's my bad side!" .

(edited: Here's the SECOND PART of this series)

4 comments:

Barb said...

awww, he's just a people horse, you can tell by the posture. Colleen and I stop alot at a few local pastrues to visit and feed the horses. There's one pair of Percheron draft horses near by that love to see us coming. They know Colleen will have a carrot or an apple half. She's so brave going up to the hot fence to feed those huge critters. She's such an animal lover.

Mike said...

I took and posted these just for you, braved wading thru the ditch filled with waist high weeds and thought I heard a rattlesnake with ea. and every step.

I've made friends with the produce mgrs. at a local grocery store, and I am going to ask them to sell me the carrots/apples that they have culled. I like to feed the horses and mules out at the lot, but I don't much want to pay retail.

Barb said...

awww...it's apprecaited =bg=
My supermarket almost always has a reduced rack in the produce section. I get stuff for the goats and used to get stuff for the horse all the time for pennies on the dollar.

Denise * KKL Primitives said...

I enjoyed the horse photos and your commentary Mike, lol

Hi Barb!!