Welcome to ToTG!



September 6, 2007

Feel My Ubiquity

From my Excite start page:



This is an inside joke; so much "inside" that it's only inside my head and no one else is privy to the humor. (Well, "humor" might be stretching it some)

The first time I think I ever heard the word being used (and not just in a book) was on the Howard Stern show and as his guests were these two goofballs who wanted Stern to use their song in his movie. The song was titled "Feel My Ubiquity". The title was intriguing, but the song sucked big-time. (so does Stern, but....) They said, in a play on the song title, that they wanted the song "Feel My Ubiquity" to be ubiquitous.

I'm sure they confused a lot of folks with that word; after all, it's not a common one. What they should have said what they desired for their tune was for it to become another "Hotel California".

A couple of years ago I was writing some commentary to go along with a presentation of my pics in an MSN Group and wanted to describe the ugly utility poles and lines that are in the background of many photos I take and want to take, especially at the Groom Cross. It wasn't a day later when I was doing the same thing for something else and was looking to describe those posts and wires and thought "Ubiquitous" will work just fine...again!

Since that time, I've used the word a little TOO much...in essence, being ubiquitous with the word "ubiquitious".

2 comments:

Mike said...

BTW, we don't have a Burger King here. He skipped town, leaving the Dairy Queen all alone and "in trouble".

He should've wrapped his Whopper.

Alison said...

LOL .... You often provide me with some breakfast humour Mike, Thanks for your funy posts youre such a natural.