Welcome to ToTG!



November 12, 2007

Cheeseburger Challenge

From My High Plains:

AMARILLO -- The German film crew for the show "Galileo" found themselves in Arnold Burgers today asking "where's the beef?" They ordered the #241 which is the 24" cheeseburger. After eating a small portion of the burger, it proved too big for the hungry host who couldn't finish it all. Even though they handed out leftovers, the crew said it was worth the trip to see this Panhandle pattie.



I've been to Arnolds a few times while I was going to TSTI in Amarillo. The first time I went, I was warned to get the "Junior Cheeseburger", so for once in my life I took some advice and was glad I did because I couldn't finish it and the heaping mound of fries that came with the burger.

The 24" burger is often served to parties and is probably enough for 6-8 people. They turn the beef patty with a spatula that looks like it's been made from a large snow shovel.

Makes me hungry just thinking about it.

1 comment:

Barb said...

LOL over your last comment.

We used to have an ice cream/milk Dairy here in New England that ran a small chain of family restaurants. They had something similar on the dessert menu called "The Mount Washington Sundae" It was something like 16 scoops of ice cream, just about every topping they carried, bananas, whip cream and nuts. Usually ordered up and devoured by a gang, it was always funny when you saw it served to one person.