Welcome to ToTG!



November 16, 2007

Incomplete Pass (6mb)

This is a video I took which I've decided to use as a test of the new Blogger video upload. It's an incomplete pass during the Canadian/Tulia bi-district football game I attended last night in Buffalo Stadium in Canyon, Texas.

I've a Nikon Coolpix 7600 that can take videos in .mov format. I don't like Quicktime, but the camera had most of the other features I wanted in the price range I had in mind. I really hadn't planned on taking videos with it, but one night while attempting to take some photos of an oncoming thunderstorm, I took a few seconds of an 18-wheeler driving by in the rain. Even though it was dark, it was cool, especially with the doppler effect of the truck whizzing by.

It gave me an idea that it might be cool to take a short video of a train coming by; set my tripod up fairly close to the track, wait until I hear one and start the camera rolling. I think it might best to point it away from the coming train and then have it WHOOSH into the frame.

I think I'll do that tomorrow!

(since I started on this, I found I had a program that could convert the file to .wmv)

No comments: