Welcome to ToTG!



January 1, 2013

EGG Cam

 UPDATE: (again!) There's a new clutch of eggs!

UPDATE: The University of Nebraska - Lincoln has another clutch of eggs for their 4-H EGG Cam.



These eggs were set on January 13 and should hatch in about 21 days - on or about February 3! We'll be candling live this week to see how the embryos are doing. The camera will zoom in much closer when candling. We'll post the candling date/time on Tuesday, January 19.

The eggs are from chickens bred to lay a lot of great eggs - Hy-Line Layers.

4-H EGG Cam

Looks like I missed the candling, dadgummit.


UPDATE: There's a new clutch of chicken eggs, set on Feb. 10 and will take 21 days to hatch.

EggCam



(original post)



University of Nebraska-Lincoln has a webcam set on a clutch of eggs in an incubator.

Can't wait; only 21 days until they hatch!

Off to make the popcorn, am glued to the monitor!

EGGCam Update!!!


The eggs hatched, and not even a peep out of Garazon!

8 comments:

garazon said...

Pull me up a chair too! I'm not leaving this spot!!
Where's the countdown timer? Is this what egg timers were originally made for?? Where is the mother(s)? :o) Does Peta know this shit is going on?? so many questions.. how many days now?? 20? I like butter on mine Mike.. I mean the popcorn not the eggs.. but those I like over easy when the time comes! ;) Somebody bring some bacon!!! and my blood pressure pills!!

:) sometimes I cant help myself!
G

Mike said...

That's OK, you're funny.

I thought about adding an egg hatch countdown script to the side bar, but I've already got the St. Pat's one there. (and need to dig out the one you made, it's a good one complete w/ table and green bg and a smaller, cuter ani. )

I've found a nifty webcam finding tip and will post it, one for pics, too.

Thanks for posting!

garazon said...

Well now that I think of what I said it wasnt funny at all, when the time comes for the eggs.. well they wont be eggs then will they??! lol Well break them suckers open now before they get too feathery to go over easy! :)
I do have to wonder why they are having a 10 second refresh this far out, aside from somebody rotating the eggs every wonce in a while, what are we going to be looking for every 10 seconds? Egg thieves?? Must be me missing something.. lol
Well I did learn a new word:
allantois (eh-LAN-twus): the membrane that supplies oxygen to the embryo and stores waste. wow what a combination! And what a pronunciation! The word Atlantis is coming to mind but I dare not explain more than that..swish

garazon said...

wonce !! ONCE!!!! see I told you earlier I am the typo king!

garazon said...

Dang! still 10 more days to go :( when is intermission.. I need the bathroom bad! and I'm having a craving for an omelet for some reason... this is eggciting isn't it!
(hey you do it all the time! LOL )

:)
G

Mike said...

I've been put off of eggs for a while, dunno why. I seldom bake or cook w/ them, and generally only use them in tuna salad or the rare scrambled egg sandwich.

I hope I remember to peep...er, "peek" in here on the day they're supposed to hatch.

Baby chicks really are cute, though. They're also nasty and cruel creatures in many ways. In the last goat thread, my sister and I were remembering the diff. livestock/pets we had while growing up.

garazon said...

DAMN! how did I let this slip my mind! I missed it! :( all those hours spent waiting and watching... all for naught.. ok well maybe not hours.. lol a couple of minutes more like it. Well at least now its some movement on the webcam! Maybe too much! one of them scared the poop out of me! from one frame they were all sort of sleeping or laying down and the next one had his face there very near the camera! Well you can believe I wont miss the next batch.. maybe LOL

Mike said...

I just went back there, and they're not moving. -yikes-