Welcome to ToTG!



February 10, 2008

Old Truck



This is an old Chevy truck parked out on some land my friend's dad leases and on which he runs a small cow/calf operation. Other than the peeling paint, the old truck looks to be in good shape, with most of the windows intact.

A little metal work, a dab of putty, do what you could w/ the chrome bits, and a heckuva lot of sanding and it'd be ready to paint...

-sigh- Who am I kidding?

Pretty old truck, though.



I wouldn't want to go traipsin' off around there in a another month or so.

That looks snakey as hell to me.

2 comments:

Barb said...

I love old vehicals like that. And you can tell I'm a northern girl, instead of thinking it looked "Snakey" I was thinking of all the hornets and yellow jackets who probablly were living under those fenders, hood and up in that shed row.

Neat pics Mike.

Mike said...

I had the darndest deja-vu when seeing that truck and I believe my dad and I went out there to look at it 40 yrs. ago.

Pop was looking for a 3/4 ton or the like type truck. He wound up buying a GMC around the same age as this one.

Funny about the flying bugs you mentioned; my friend said he had come across some killer bee nests while visiting his sister and her husband in S. Oklahoma.

I sure enjoyed myself that day, helping my old pal put out some hay for his dad's cows.

Thanks for posting!