Welcome to ToTG!



March 3, 2008

Hungry Deer



I've taken some not-so-hot deer pictures to post, but this one came from a neighbor.

The caption on the email said this was taken in Eagle River, Wisconsin. These folks put out corn for the deer to eat. (the little piles of dark color in the snow)

You'll need to click the pic to view it in larger detail, but up near the house, at the top left third of the photo, it looks to me as though that's a wolf and just to the right of him, a huge bobcat/cougar.

3 comments:

sharintexas said...

Those deer are just "sitting ducks" for those creatures in the background. I wonder if the people feeding them ever thought about that? Poor little Bambi's. At least they are getting fed.

Mike said...

I think they're deer as well, at least the one to the far right looks like one.

The "bobcat" is prob. a deer, too; it's a lot fuzzier looking, just resembles a cat.

The one on the left still looks like a wolf or a large dog, but it's prob. a deer, too.

Alison said...

Oh that is one lovely photograph , I have never seen so many deer in one place ...well I havent seen so many deer full stop ! I tried counting but got lost off there in the middle of the pic,I dont think thats a 'bobcat' there at the back either well the deer dont look at all perturbed , too hungry to care maybe?