Welcome to ToTG!



March 25, 2008

My Destiny

Just read an article on the Amarillo.com website, Tough enough for tackles, about the possibility of a team for Amarillo in the National Women's Football League.

It's about time and no, I'm not talking equality, but for the chance of a job. A good job...no, a GREAT job.

You see, it was written long ago that I would be doing something in this particular field.

Back in h.s., the juniors and seniors had this tradition: the seniors would will "things" to the juniors. I willed my favorite parking spot and an ashtray to some of my junior buddies. In turn, the juniors would make predictions about what sort of life/jobs the seniors would have in the future.

The juniors predicted I would someday be a trainer for a woman's football team, specializing in after-practice rubdowns and shoulder pad adjustments.

I can't wait.

No comments: