Welcome to ToTG!



April 26, 2008

Perfect Trip



Not only nearly a perfect game (a "perfect" one wouldn't have allowed any points) but a perfect "trip".

When I was a kid, we had the Milles Bornes card game and me 'n my sisters and mom would play. The object of the game is to "travel" 1000 miles ('milles bornes" means "a thousand miles" in French) before one's opponents. It takes a "Go" card to start the trip, then mileage cards can be played. Your progress can be stopped by a "Stop" or an accident, out-of-gas or flat tire card and one must play a "remedy" card ("Go", repairs, gas, spare tire). If someone lays -for example- a flat tire on you and you have the "Puncture Proof" card, then you get extra points and they lose their turn, a "coup-fourré ". (which is French for "I kicked your butt". Actually, I think it's a fencing term)

I stumbled across a download for the game several years/computers ago and have installed it on each new computer as soon as I got online. I'm not for sure where one could find this same, exact game, but it should be easy enough to Google and find.

I'd be glad to send anyone the application (300kb) via email. It's really a blast to play.

1 comment:

sharintexas said...

I had forgotten all about that game, Mike. I do remember playing it a lot, especially right after Curtis and I were married. I think I threw out part of a game several months ago. I wonder if the grandkids would like playing it? It's not a video game, so maybe not. It was a fun game, though