Welcome to ToTG!



August 13, 2008

Sad, Sad Numbers

NOTE: Was deleting a spam comment left on an old post and noticed this one and wondered what it was about. I remembered it after seeing it but sorry to say the widget no longer works.




I usually love widgets, but I don't "love" this one. I'm glad I have it on my own personalized "home page" as well as on my Google page, though, because it's a number most Americans have no clue of...and I wonder if some even care.

Not trying to make a political statement here, not really. All I know is that there are far more people affected than the "few" thousand killed and wounded; their families and friends need to be included in the casualties, I think.

I feel responsible for these figures, though...and I share that responsibility with every American of voting age, no matter how they voted or even if they did not vote.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Heartbreaking .

Mike said...

I was for a certain candidate at the start of this election cycle's political process. He was on the Armed Services committee and when I found out that he was pissing away money on BS programs (that helped companies who in turn donated to his campaign) instead of funneling that money to help our troops, esp. the wounded ones...well, I started to fight against him.

That's one of the reasons I quit participating in my political forum; I took so much heat for calling the crooked bastard a "crooked bastard" that I decided I'd distance myself from those sort of people.

Thanks to the Iraq war, the US has taken its eyes off the main objective, namely bringing terrorism to its knees.

Because of the fact of over-extending our military, we're in very real danger of losing the war in Afghanistan, plus we've opened the door for events such as the Russian invasion of Georgia...and I predict that, shortly after the Olympics, China will make a move against Taiwan. Those two world powers know that the US will be impotent to do much of anything.

Oh well, I could rant on this for a dozen posts, but I never wanted this blog to be too serious.