Welcome to ToTG!



October 17, 2008

MeetWays



From the website:

Meetways.com was created to allow users to find a point of interest between two addresses. Let's say you need to meet a friend or client for lunch on the other side of town? Meetways.com ways will allow you to enter both addresses and the type of restaurant you are looking for and give you the exact halfway point and a list of restaurants in that area. Save hours trying to figure out the halfway point on a map and instead find it in one simple click!

MeetWays.com



Not for sure if this works as good as they claim. For example, I put in the zip codes of here and one in Dallas and it had me meeting on a farm road in Oklahoma, no town close by. I also decided to put in the zips of here and Miami (TX)-23 miles away- and it had me meeting down near Abilene.

I remember my dad telling a friend of his who complained that pop hadn't been to see him lately "It's just as close from you to me as it is from me to you!"

5 comments:

sharintexas said...

Did you know that half-way between where we live is in Oklahoma somewhere? I usually stay in Texas when I go to the Panhandle from Dallas. Wonder where they get their information/maps??

sharintexas said...

Oh yeah...I should have read a little better....you said this already! Sorry

Mike said...

Maybe it put me in the middle of nowhere because I didn't set the parameters of what sort of place I wanted it to meet, i.e. a coffee shop, etc.

It's like those directions places, like GoogleMaps, Mapquest, etc. I was goofing around once and asked directions from my house to the library, about five blocks away or so, and it had me going all over town to get there.

Anonymous said...

Meetways changed thir engine and now it works perfect, try it again!

Mike said...

All righty, anon. I'll do that next time I wanna meet someone half-way.