Welcome to ToTG!



November 8, 2008

Unfortunate Domain Names

Several years ago I stumbled across a post in a forum, listing some unfortunate domain names. Back when I was involved in MSN Communities/Groups, I saw a promo in the main help group for a Christian social site named "Christian's Exchange". The problem with it was the URL looked like this:

"....christiansexchange.groups.com"

I did some research and found some more, plus others from the post mentioned above:



1. Who Represents is where you can find the name of the agent that represents any celebrity. Their Web site is: www.whorepresents.com

2 . Experts Exchange is a knowledge base where programmers can exchange advice and views at: www.expertsexchange.com

3. Looking for a pen? Look no further than Pen Island at: www.penisland.net

4. Need a therapist? Try Therapist Finder at: www.therapistfinder.com

5. There's the Italian Power Generator company: www.powergenitalia.com

(NOTE: This is now "Under Construction" I can't wait to see the end results)

6. And don't forget the Mole Station Native Nursery in New South Wales: http://www.molestationnursery.com

(NOTE: All I get now is a blank page, some popups blocked and a Privacy Report alert. I think I'll stay away from this one from now on. )

7. If you're looking for IP computer software, there's always: www.ipanywhere.com .

8. (ON SECOND THOUGHT, I will take this one out. It's a bit too much for this blog. Go to the website below, figger it out yerself, 'k?)

(NOTE: someone must have finally alerted this church about this unfortunate choice. It's now www.sfumcga.com. Thank God.)

9. And the designers at Speed of Art await you at their wacky Web site: www.speedofart.com .

3 comments:

sharintexas said...

I was trying to think of a name for Brad & Alex to use to sell the wood ornaments/gifts they make. I made up some business cards and thought they looked pretty good. Alex laughed and I couldn't figure out why, but I wasn't looking at it though a 13-year old boy's eyes. I thought Wood For You sounded fine. I think he did, too!

Mike said...

Sounds all right to me.

I'm missin' sumpthin'?

Alison said...

What would I do without having some laughter from your site Mike ,been missing with the flu a few days but this post really got me laughing today, thanks.