Welcome to ToTG!



December 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Janine!

Edit: A "bump" from a year ago.

Might as well bump it, I'm sure not adding much original content.



Today is the birthday of Janine Turner (official website, IMDB listing here, one of my most favorite actors and is also a born-in-Texas gal. I first became aware of her when I started watching the reruns of Northern Exposure in which she played an Alaskan bush pilot who had some extreme misfortunes with men. She has also appeared in such films as Cliffhanger (with Sylvester Stallone), Steel Magnolias and Leave it to Beaver.



A few years ago, my Brit friend elle and I drove down to Denton to see my sister and her family and after arriving in the town, promptly got lost. We stopped at a convenience store to find out where my sis's street was and I got in line after a few other people standing at the register.

I was standing directly behind a woman dressed in jeans and a western-cut shirt, complete with muddy boots. I was close enough to smell her; an odd combination of horseflesh and White Diamonds and just a touch of female sweat. Believe me, it was a good smell.

I can't recall what she purchased, but when she turned around I noticed the mole/beauty mark on her temple, not quite covered by the scarf she was wearing nor the sunglasses that covered her eyes, and I immediately knew who she was!

I was dumbstruck and only managed an " 'Scuse me." as she turned to go. She gave me a smile that would light up the dreariest day and to tell the truth, nearly melted my heart.

At the time I didn't know she owned a small ranch near Denton where she now raises Longhorn cattle.



I've kept up with her since then, even though I haven't seen her much on TV nor in the movies. I was delighted to discover that she is a conservative as well as a Christian...not that I would ever have a chance with her, but it's nice to know ALL of Hollywood is not liberal.

Happy Birthday, Janine!

2 comments:

sharintexas said...

If you'd come see me you might run into her again!

sharintexas said...

The offer still stands, Mike.