Welcome to ToTG!



January 8, 2009

I'm A Flour Child




You Are Buttermilk Pancakes



Your prefer traditional, old fashioned foods.

You shy away from anything fake, and you like meals with simple ingredients.

It's not likely someone would find margarine or diet soda in your kitchen.

Instead, someone might find a loaf of homemade bread baking or a soup simmering.



This was today's Blogthing; just last night The Food Network's Alton Brown had several shows on pancakes, popovers and muffins.

I once had a very good friend who was manic-depressive and when he'd start going into a manic phase, he'd say " I'm goin' to see Aunt Jemima."

That was his way of saying he was starting to flip out.

If you'll go to the Wiki entry linked to above, and then visit the official site, you can see how Aunt Jemima has changed over the decades. (thank goodness) She still has some fine pancake mix, good for bachelors and kitchen failures everywhere, such as myself.

That said, I've always preferred Mrs. Butterworth for her syrup, even though she's now shilling for a corporate giant:



...but have always had the hots for Betty Crocker. (official website)

She not only had great cake mixes, she lent her name to the most-wished for and prized possession of many American pre-teen girls.



See how she's changed at Who was Betty Crocker?

This is one of my first memories of Betty Crocker:



I've always pictured her married to me, adoringly fixing me something in the kitchen.

No comments: