Welcome to ToTG!



January 20, 2009

pandiculation

The Word of the Day



pandiculation \pan-dik-yuh-LEY-shuhn\

noun: an instinctive stretching, as on awakening or while yawning


I've done this and got a charley horse so horrible it made me collapse from the pain, such a sudden shock I guess. It's taken me a long, long time to learn to do it gingerly, a little at a time. It also helps to stay hydrated, I think, because nearly every other time I've got a cramp it was when I was also thirsty.

Pandiculation isn't in my Firefox spell checker, and I didn't know the word.

3 comments:

Alison said...

Oh I didnt know the word pandiculation , and I didnt know what a charley horse was either, I do now cos I looked it up on Wiki, oh I agree with you trying to do a yawn or stretch slowly as my body isnt what it used to be and I feel like I hear some kind of snap every time , I will be careful of getting thirsty now too ,I'll keep my ouzo and sprite handy .

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mike said...

You spammin' sunuvabitch.

Do Not Click That Link, anyone!