Welcome to ToTG!



January 23, 2009

Walking Through West

It's been years since I've been through West, Texas and but a couple of times in my life at that. The town is on a "lonesome" stretch of I-35 and the highway doesn't go through the town but instead zips around. It's very near a place I'd love to live and a few weeks back I thought I'd use the street view in Google Earth to see the places of interest in the town. The town doesn't have a very good resolution in their particular swath of satellite view, though.

A listing for a Chzeck restaurant caught my eye, so I clicked on the little orb in Google Earth to see what sort of building housed the eatery. According to the place mark, it was located very near or in the two story dilapidated house shown below.



A man walking caught my eye.



The Google van taking the photos took several photos going by the guy.



He glances over, reaches into his pocket.




Looks like he's shouting something, doesn't it?



The van rolls on, the man's hand returns to his jacket.

Up the same street, parking just down from the Family Dollar there's another figure coming out from beside a bright red car.



The van keeps snapping photos:




A little blurry, but it's a pretty young girl with her hair in a ponytail and I'd bet that was her car because it looks as though she's got keys in her hands.



She pays the Google van no attention.



And I'd bet she is looking at the back of her dusty car and thinking she needs to wash it.

She keeps going.



Right towards the guy walking down the street.

You should see the next few shots.

Or maybe not.

No comments: