Welcome to ToTG!



February 20, 2009

PETA Wrote Me!

Dear Mike,

Dogs need your voice right away. Please take a few moments now to send a message directly to the NFL. Michael Vick is going to be released from prison any minute, and in light of recently released government evidence that he enjoyed putting his own family "pet dogs" into the ring with fighting pit bulls, PETA is urging the NFL to make Vick take a test for anti-social personality disorder (ASPD), or psychopathy. Vick seems to fit the profile for ASPD, which includes lying, manipulating others, enjoying others' suffering, and being aggressive and charming. If Vick has ASPD, the NFL needs to know. That's because people who have ASPD cannot be truly remorseful and are likely to repeat the anti-social behavior that pleases them. If he isn't a psychopath, that's fair enough, but if he is, he shouldn't ever be presented to children as a hero. He needs to take the test!

Please help us keep the pressure on by sending an automated letter to the NFL today asking it to require that Vick pass a brain scan for ASPD and the accompanying psychological evaluation before the NFL even considers the possibility of allowing Vick back into the league, where he will be in a position to influence many fans, including countless children. Your letter will be sent directly to the NFL, letting it know that we will not rest until appropriate action has been taken. It is reasonable to try to figure out if Vick can be reformed or not.

Please cross-post this e-mail and forward it to others who might be interested in speaking out against dog fighting. Visit PETA.org for more information about dog fighting and to learn about ways that you can make a difference.

Thank you for your continued support and for all that you do for animals!

Sincerely,

Heather Whidden, Activist Liaison
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
HeatherW@peta.org



Ms. Whidden, I love dogs and like you, also think what Vick did was reprehensible but I also believe that when he gets out of prison, he will have paid his debt to society.

As far as letting him back into the NFL, I have mixed feelings. I agree that there's something fundamentally wrong with a culture that condones fighting animals for sport; it's but one step down from the Romans feeding the Christians to the lions. I understand your issue with Vick being reinstated, but the truth is there are players in the NFL who have barely escaped being tried for murder (of humans) so it seems a bit hypocritical to single out one who has killed dogs.

One thing I can't understand, though. You said:

"Vick seems to fit the profile for ASPD, which includes lying, manipulating others, enjoying others' suffering, and being aggressive and charming."

Seems to me that would also describe the current President and the majority of the Congress of the United States.

It also seems to me that might very well fit PETA.

Sorry, but I refuse to help you because you are an organization that has its priorities all wrong. For example, when your members break into mink farms and release all the animals and then many of the animals die from being hit by cars or suffer agonizing deaths from exposure...when you announce you hope hoof and mouth infects our meat animals...when you start referring to fish as "sea kittens"...when you think animals have more rights than humans...well, it just shows you're a bunch of nutjobs, not worthy of any sane person's consideration, much less their money and support.

Even nutjobs should have priority over animals, but then again, I might need to rethink my position on THAT one.

If times get much worse, we'll be eating dogs before long.

Sincerely,
Mike

P.S. "Dogs need my voice"???

OK, I'll help 'em. "Arf Arf, Woof Woof"

There, I've spoken up for them.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Liked this and had missed it when you first put it up. Thought the whole Vick thing was disgusting but slso think PETA is pretty disgusting too.
Good come back Mike, I alays love it when you mix humour with a pointed stick.

Laura said...

I'm with Barb on this one. I quite liked it, too. I love the way you started out agreeing with her, and then with each paragraph, you disagreed with her a little bit more---until it finally turned into an insult. I'm just wondering if you really sent it, or did you just write it as a joke like you sometimes do with those spam letters you get...You're so funny!

Mike said...

Aw, thanks you two. I did send it, Laura, but I didn't get a reply. Wonder why?

I do reply to some of those spam letters, esp. the ones that want to give me money. I string 'em along for a half dozen or more mails until they get tired of it. They generally get wise to me when I start asking THEM for money to open up a bank account so they can deposit all that money into it.

I've replied to some of the "women" that write me and tell me how hot I am and ask them for more photos. Believe it or not, some of them have sent them.