Welcome to ToTG!



March 13, 2009

Andy Thomas

Please visit AndyThomas.com to see some fantastic paintings; he specializes in western art, but also has political and civil war art as well.

I'm particularly enamored of his two paintings of past presidents playing poker, both with convention bunting in the background: the True Blues with Democrat presidents such as JFK, FDR, LBJ and even Clinton. His Grand Old Gang painting features Republican presidents Reagan, Bush I and II, Lincoln and even Nixon.

I had seen the Grand Old Gang painting in a forum with the caption "And I told Obama: 'Sir, I know Abe Lincoln and you are no Abe Lincoln!"

The artist was on the Lars Larson radio show tonight and Mr. Larson commented that the original Grand Old Gang painting has been sold, but he noticed the True Blues had not. Mr. Thomas glibly replied that Democrats "normally don't spend money."

No comments: