Welcome to ToTG!



March 29, 2009

An Unforgettable Home Run

Western Oregon Sara Tucholsky hit her first career HR with the help from Central Washington - ultimate sportsmanship. She tore her ACL running back to 1st as she missed it initially. The rules state that if she didn't run the bases by herself, the HR wouldn't count. If her teammates touched her, it would be void.

The opposing team saw her pain and did the unexpected, they picked her up and helped her touch each base.

Central Washington lost the game, 4-2

Sportsmanship at its best.

3 comments:

garazon said...

Wow that put a great big lump in my throat. Dont recall ever hearing or seeing this before. I think it goes even beyond good sportsmanship, nice to see it!

Mike said...

I had tears in my eyes when I saw it. There IS something more to a game than the final score.

Thanks for posting

Laura said...

I specifically came to my PC to watch this video because I wasn't able to view it on my Kindle. I'm glad I got to see it. It's stories like this one that renew your faith in humanity. Great post, Mike!