Welcome to ToTG!



April 21, 2009

Ask Jeeves is Back!

In the UK, but not here.



Ask Jeeves was the first search engine I ever used. It was before I had my own computer and was using the ones at the local library. I hadn't a clue as how to find anything, so I typed my query into the address bar and was directed to the AskJeeves website.

It didn't take me long to discover that the answers weren't what I really wanted and to find out that there were much better search engines. Still, I remember Jeeves with fondness because he was my "first".

As for the question posed in the above screenshot: No, there's no such thing as a free lunch.

Google "TANSTAAFL" if you don't believe me.

Too bad our Congress and President haven't Googled it.

2 comments:

The Local Malcontent said...

Our Congress specializes in Free Lunches, Mike.
They are called the Political Class, they have privileges that we cannot yet imagine....

Mike said...

It still won't be free for them, not in the end.

"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

Matthew 16:26