Welcome to ToTG!



May 4, 2009

FWB

I like to think I'm "with it", especially concerning popular culture, but sometimes I'm forced to Google internet slang or abbreviations.

For example, I was just in a forum where an online "friend" asked us to go to Craigslist and report a poster for spamming. I thought the reason was good enough, so I decided I'd do as asked. After reporting a half dozen times, I figured I had done my fair share and went to the Amarillo part of the site and clicked on "Women Seeking Men".

I found a post of a woman close to my age and read what she wanted in a man. (sometimes it's hard for me to believe just how picky some people are when searching for a match. Me? I'm an "eighteen to eighty, blind, crippled or crazy. You can't walk? I'll tote ya." sort of guy)

Amongst the woman's preferences was "NO FWB". What could "FWB" mean? Furry wrinkled butts? Fair weather boys? Fat Washington bureaucrats?

I had to go look it up.

The first link led me to a dictionary site and said FWB was "four-wheel brake". Unless that was some sort of code, I didn't think that was it.

The second link led to the Fort Walton Beach website. I didn't think that was it, so I didn't even click.

The third link was to the national Free Will Baptists site. For a little while I wondered what the woman had against Baptists. If she was cullin' THEM out, she wasn't going to have many guys to choose from around these parts.

Scrolling down, I found out the most likely definition: "Friends With Benefits". I wasn't for sure what those were, so I read on. (I was fairly certain it wasn't someone already getting their Social Security)

If you still don't understand what an "FWB" is, I ain't tellin' ya. I'll leave that "pleasure" for YOU to Google.

4 comments:

The Local Malcontent said...

to do what... Imagine driving off another 1,000 cliff with her?

I liked you better when you explained everything to me. LOL!

L.O.L.!

Mike said...

FWB isn't nearly as bad as when I had to go look up "goatse" to find out what it meant.

I'm still traumatized.

I also hate that I know what a "lipstick party" is. I blame that stuff on Clinton.

Alison said...

I felt really behind as I didn't know what those abbreviations were , I searched 3 sites and saw three you hadn't mentioned for FWB " Full weight bearing " and "Fresh whole blood" and lastly "Functional well -being "
oh the mind boggles ,guess you can take the meanings in more ways than one , and the "goatse' one had been removed from the site !

TTFN - One that we all know

Mike said...

Well, if you google "goatse" and click on "image search", you may very well go blind.

I had to go look up "TTFN". I had seen it, but there's so many of those abbreviations, I forget some of 'em.

Wiki said "TTFN" has been some people's last words. roflmao I believe I want something more profound crossing my lips the moment before I die.

Like "Rosebud". -grin-