Welcome to ToTG!



June 27, 2009

quidnunc

quidnunc \KWID-nuhngk\ , noun:
One who is curious to know everything that passes; one who knows or pretends to know all that is going on; a gossip; a busybody.



That describes some next-door neighbors I used to have and some across the street that are still there.

When I first moved to this house, I used to have an old widow woman next door who told some other neighbors she thought I was dealing drugs. Why did she think that? I don't get a lot of company, but in the course of one day my nephew came to see me, an old friend dropped in and a woman stopped and wanted to know if she could have some of the seeds from my castor bean plants. Just because I had three visitors in one day when I usually didn't get that many in a week was enough to convict me in her puny little brain.

(she would also "borrow" things from me; hoes, shovels, etc. and never bring them back and when I'd see her with them she'd claim they were hers and had just got them back from when I had borrowed them! I finally blew a gasket after I had bought ten sacks of potting soil I found on sale and she "liberated" five sacks; I saw them on her porch and confronted her. Her excuse? I didn't need that much and she did. She kept her back gate locked and would carry their trash to the dumpster via MY yard. I couldn't keep grapes, apricots, peaches or cherries because as soon as they were ripe and I was at work, she'd come strip the fruit)

Her "simple" son used to go down the block where a guy had regular parties and this idiot neighbor would copy down license plate numbers to give to the cops. I told the doofus that they weren't selling drugs, just having parties, and if they WERE selling drugs, it was damn stupid to stand right behind the cars to get the tag numbers.

After my dad passed away, my nephews were helping me move some stuff to my house and as soon as we left, the neighbor across the street called the cops and reported a burglary.

I was furious and when he came over and told me he was "only concerned", I called him a dumbass and asked him what sort of burglars LEFT stuff.

No comments: