Welcome to ToTG!



October 7, 2009

Diet Big Red™ Soda



From the website:

If you're searching for a diet soft drink that tastes great and tastes as good as or even better than the original flavor, you should try Diet Big Red. Diet Big Red was one of the first diet soft drinks to offer Splenda brand sucralose as a non-nutritive sweetener. The growth of this brand over the last ten years has far exceeded the growth of other diet sodas. It's a delicious, easy to drink diet soft drink.

I couldn't have said it better! I've been looking for a decent diet soda since I found out I have diabetes. I used to drink regular Coke™, but their diet offerings leave something to be desired. I never drank much Pepsi™ , but their diet soda is much better than Coke™, which isn't saying a lot.

The flavored pop is OK in diet; I've tried orange and root beer and they're not too bad (they HAVE to be super-cold or over ice for me to drink them) but this last week Big Red™ was on sale and I bought a 12-pk. It was delicious and without the horrid aftertaste that most diet sodas have.

When I was a kid, we used to drink Fanta Red Cream soda with our hotdogs at the Coney Island Cafe here in town, but I haven't seen it in a store in a long, long time. Momma used to buy us the Faygo brand strawberry soda; it was a cheaper product and came in stubby little bottles. We didn't care, though; it all tasted good and gave us the required sugar rush!

Anyway...I highly recommend this soda if you drink the diet kinds.




Original Post 8/21/09



Am bumping this up because ToTG was mentioned on the Big Red™ Twitter page.

2 comments:

Annette Dalla said...

amen, i love love love my diet big red.

Mike said...

I was surprised at how much I liked it, Annette. As I said, most of the diet sodas have a horrid aftertaste, but Big Red tastes almost like the sugar version.

The only problem with it is I like to put my sodas in the freezer for a little while before drinking them, and I really have to watch my diet Big Reds because they freeze so quickly.

Thanks for posting! Come back when you can stay a while!