Welcome to ToTG!



August 23, 2009

Jeopardy

Do you like Jeopardy? I love to watch and play along with the tv quiz show, but sometimes I miss the program. Thanks to KFDA TV in Amarillo, you can now play an abbreviated version of the day's Jeopardy broadcast.

Play Jeopardy



Look at that score! A few years back, they had tryouts for the Amarillo area and I tried and tried to get through with the number they supplied during the show, but the line was constantly busy and it wasn't long until they ran a scroll across the bottom of the screen saying they had reached their quota of possible contestants. Story of my life, actually.

A woman from Dumas won the local contest and I happened to catch the show on which she competed. The category topics were nearly all of things that I was interested in and knew well: Potent Potables, Sci-Fi, Literature, Movies, Football, WWII, etc. I think I knew the answers to at least 75% of the questions (actually, knew the questions to the answers as per the Jeopardy format). The woman from this area came in dead last with only a few hundred dollars as her score. I honestly think I could've done better.

Oh heck, who am I kidding. I'd probably would have frozen like a deer in the headlights. It's one thing to "win" at these things in my living room, but another when you know there are millions of people (that will be) watching you.

Test your trivia knowledge! Play Jeopardy

No comments: