Welcome to ToTG!



December 4, 2009

Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake

My mom and sisters used to make this cake all the time. It's delicious and definitely is moist. Notice there are no eggs in the recipe (there are eggs in mayo). I could be wrong, but I believe a mayo-like product such as Miracle Whip (tm) could be substituted.

From StartSampling :


Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake


Ingredients:

1 cup water
1 cup mayo
1 cup sugar
2 cups of flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
4 tbsp cocoa

Directions:

Mix all ingredients together.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

There are some recommendations for pan size and such on the comments page. A member of the site was kind enough to post a frosting recipe:

CHOCOLATE SOUR CREAM FROSTING
1/3 cup softened butter
3 (1 ounce each) unsweetend chocolate squares,melt/cool
3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
2 teaspoon vanilla

Mix butter and chocolate well, stir in powdered sugar,blend well. Gently mix in sour cream and vanilla and blend until smooth

1 comment:

sharintexas said...

I don't remember ever having anything but Miracle Whip in our house. I wish I had Mother's original recipe....maybe if I looked through some boxes I could find it. Thanks for the memory, Mike.