Welcome to ToTG!



January 25, 2010

plenipotentiary

plenipotentiary \plen-uh-puh-TEN-shee-air-ee; -shuh-ree\

adjective;
1. Containing or conferring full power; invested with full power; as, "plenipotentiary license; plenipotentiary ministers."

noun:
1. A person invested with full power to transact any business; especially, an ambassador or diplomatic agent with full power to negotiate a treaty or to transact other business.



This isn't a word I normally use; I've always considered it a bit too much of a mouthful. I do remember some MSN Community/Group owners, myself included, who let their plenipotentiary powers go to their heads.

1 comment:

Barb said...

lol, wonder if there are any plenipotentiary support groups out there?

Than one is a mouthful. Don't think I've ever heard it or used it even though I might have been it once or twice ;-)