Welcome to ToTG!



March 12, 2010

Comfortable Ways of Sleeping in a Box

From Damn Cool Pics



Follow the above link to see over 20 other photos of cats in boxes. I picked this particular one because it looks a lot like the Beej. When he gets comfortable on my lap or lying beside me, he tucks his head under like that cat is doing.

Somewhere out there is a pic of me as a young boy lying on my bed with my head in a box. My family always laughed about it, but it was an effective way of blocking off noise in our small and crowded house. I could hold my book on my chest and escape into the story and not be distracted. It was also comforting in a way.

It's not-so-strange to admit to liking cats. It's a fairly strange thing to confess I've always been fascinated by boxes.

Comfortable Ways of Sleeping in a Box

4 comments:

sharintexas said...

I need to see if I can find that picture of you lying on your bed with your pillow and head in that cardboard box. I'm not even sure I have it, but if I can find it, I'll send it to you. You were such a cute little guy.

Mike said...

"Were" being the operable word here, I think.

sharintexas said...

You'll always be my little brother and I'll see you with those eyes, Mike.
Now you're a cute big guy!

Mike said...

I dunno. I look more like my horny toad avatar than I do that little boy I once was.