Welcome to ToTG!



March 15, 2010

The Ultimate Harry Potter Quiz

From the site:

The Harry Potter novels, most of us don't need to be told, are the best-selling children's books of all time. Even if you haven't cracked open any of the seven enormous volumes in the series, you probably know who Dumbledore is and how Harry got that scar on his forehead. If you have read them all, you know that 20 questions make only a tiny dent in a massive iceberg -- so don't dwell on what we've missed. Pretend this quiz is your N.E.W.T.-level exam and see if you pass.



I scored 18 out of 20. I missed a Voldemort question I shouldn't have, and another about how many books Rowling has sold. "Helluvalot" wasn't one of the options.

I'm a huge HP fan and don't much mind the looks I get when I go out wearing my replica sorting hat.



The Ultimate Harry Potter Quiz

2 comments:

Barb said...

I'll have to show this to Coll and let her take it. She's a fan and would be very jealous of your replica sorting hat ;-)

Mike said...

Honestly, I don't have one but I wouldn't mind! The HP merchandise is SO expensive.

I have "almost" the entire set of British version soft cover (not paperback, but larger w/ paper covers), plus a set w/ chest of the American version, plus the single books I've bought as soon as they came out.

Funny, though, that I've never gone to see the movies. (I don't do that anymore, political reasons)but I do purchase them as soon as they are on sale.

This is going to be a HP weekend on The ABC Family Channel and I think it's the first time for the TV showing of Order of the Phoenix.

Too bad I can't chat w/ Colleen about the books/movies/trivia, etc. The .alt HP groups were horrible and my conservative forum got so childish w/ resorting to name-calling, etc. I once mentioned that I had read a rumor.."from a friend of a friend of a friend of someone on Rowling's payroll"...that the author was going to reveal something startling after the last book.

I posited that it might be a criticism of the US, which she vaguely but arguably did in one of her latter books. (sorry, I forget)I also reported that she had, at the time, just become the richest author in the world.

Long story short, she said Dumbledore was gay, but before that I was accused of gossiping and had slurs directed against me (retarded, I got furious at that).

So, to sum it up, I bet Coll would be more mature in her discussion w/ me than anyone else I've encountered.

Still love HP, though!