Welcome to ToTG!



May 12, 2010

Smiley Bebe



We used to have a part Chihuahua that would smile like this. Her name was Tina and she was also part terrier, as I recall. I remember she and I both getting in trouble for rolling in the dirt. (Hey, she was doing it and looked like she was havin' fun!)

She used to go with us on vacations and one summer - for whatever reason - she was left home. (Dad's relief for his vacation was going to feed and water her) I remember her being so upset and trying to follow us. When we got home, she was gone. We figured a coyote had got her, but quite some time later she was found with some people down in Miami. They had found her by the side of the road, several miles from our house. A friend of the family had seen Tina at a neighbor's house and told my folks. Long story short, Tina was thrilled to see us.

In the meantime, Tina had "hooked up" with a poodle and had some strange looking puppies.

I don't remember what happened to Tina, if perhaps she did have an encounter with a coyote or just died of old age. We had two puppies out of her (EDIT to add more info, thanks to my Big Sis, read comments if you like.) and wound up with Sugar - Tina's tiny poodle-like grand-daughter - for years and she finally died of old age.

2 comments:

sharintexas said...

Tina had Prissy and Rowdy from the encounter with the poodle. Mother & Dad gave Rowdy to one of Georgia Dea's sisters, but not before he got Prissy pregnant...which was what they were trying to prevent by giving him away. Too late! They were the parents of Sugar. I don't remember for sure what happened to Tina or Prissy, but I'm sure they both died of old age. I don't think they were let out of the yard much after that. I remember how tiny Sugar was. Dad used to pretend like he was winding her up and would let her walk across the dash of the pickup when people were watching. He had lots money offered to him if he'd sell her. Like Mother would have let THAT happen! We had lots of pets, didn't we?

Mike said...

Oh, ok. I figured I was getting something wrong with the lineage from Tina...but that's been a long time ago.

I was going to mention about Dad "winding up" Sugar but I had rambled on too long as it was.... I remember that incident though, and it was at the Minit Mart just at - what was then - the edge of town.

I remember sneaking Sugar into the hospital and one of the nurses finding out, but instead of being angry, she wanted to show her to the rest of the nurses.