Welcome to ToTG!



May 18, 2010

tipple

tipple \TIP-uhl\ ,
verb;
1. To drink intoxicating liquor, esp. habitually or to some excess.
2. To drink (intoxicating liquor), esp. repeatedly, in small quantities.
noun:
1. Intoxicating liquor.
2. A device that tilts or overturns a freight car to dump its contents.



I always thought this word applied to drinking, but I figured it was from what a person does after drinking.

At least, it's what I do. Sometimes, after drinking, I also dump my contents.

3 comments:

sharintexas said...

And I remember a time when that was soooo true! LOL!! No other comment, Mike. You know when I'm talking about!

Mike said...

I know it was a bad time for us both, sis, but at least it was a lesson to me. I've never been that drunk since then, and even the few times that were close to that experience served as a refresher course in why drinking is really not my thing.

I'll still have a drink or two, but that's just about my limit. My body just can't process more than that.

Seems like I wrote about that, but if I didn't, it'd make a semi-humorous story, huh?

sharintexas said...

It would be very funny, Mike. I remember being so worried about how sick you were. I don't think I had ever seen anyone throw up that much!! Except me on the Senior trip...but that's a whole nuther story! I have never been that drunk again myself. Lesson learned the hard way!