Welcome to ToTG!



June 10, 2010

Best Audience Ever!

Saturday Night - Bay City Rollers w/ Ann Margaret




Who were the Bay City Rollers, you might ask?

From Wiki:

The Bay City Rollers were a Scottish pop band of the 1970s. Their youthful, clean-cut image, distinctive styling featuring tartan-trimmed outfits, and cheery, sing-along pop hits helped the group become among the most popular musical acts of their time. For a relatively brief but fervent period (nicknamed "Rollermania"), they were worldwide teen idols. The group's line-up featured numerous changes over the years, but the classic line-up during its heyday included guitarists Eric Faulkner and Stuart Wood, singer Les McKeown, bassist Alan Longmuir, and drummer Derek Longmuir.

Since the band's quick rise to, and subsequent fall from fame, the members have endured numerous and varied struggles regarding royalty payments, substance abuse, and personal legal problems.


I might very well have to watch this video every day for a month or two, it's that funny. Didja catch the old lady knitting, the old man getting up to boogie and how could you miss the woman w/ the ear horn?

Good Grief, this is almost as funny as Terror on the Roller Coaster

3 comments:

Alison said...

Ah my heart-throb was Les McKeown the lead s inger with the Rollers , wish I had kept some of the photos of the days when I wore my bright yellow Oxford bag trousers with red tartan trim , site for sore eyes they were :0 )

My mom still has a small needle pouch I embroiderered at school with Les' name on the front, also I remember having a heavy silver plated neck chain with the words Bay City Rollers at the front hanging down, wish I had kept some of that memorabalia .

Thanks for the post ,it brought back some fun memories.

Mike said...

I certainly remember when this song came out, but I didn't have a crush on anyone in the band. -grin-

I dated a girl whose brother took some sort of home economics course in school and crocheted a small wall hanging with his favorite three bull riders.

I never could do anything like that very well, just like a mediocre seamstress. (she can only sew so-so)

I like this tune, it's in my jukebox 5 -starred. I got it off some 70's compilation CD, love those things, got a bunch of "Best of" discs.

Thanks for posting!

Barb said...

I remember when they were the rage too. One of my best friends was a huge fan, sewed tartan cuffs on a bunch of her bell bottoms, got her hair cut like theirs, lol. Fun song and GREAT video. I want to still be rocking out when I'm that age.