Welcome to ToTG!



June 19, 2010

Stay With Me - Rod Stewart

Live and unplugged

(Note: On Yahoo this tune is attributed to Stewart, but I'm pretty sure that's Ron Wood accompanying him...so wouldn't it really be "Stay With Me - Faces"??? )




I had forgotten it, but the other day I came across an old newspaper clipping of my senior year "bio" (a tradition the school newspaper did every year for each senior) listing my favorite things and I said this song was my fav. Now, I don't know why I said that, because I can think of several other tunes that I should have listed ahead of this one. (Long Cool Woman, Fortunate Son, any number of Elton John songs that were out at that time) Don't get me wrong, I like this song, but I'm still puzzled why I listed it as my number one.

Thinking on it really hard, I bet my g/f at the time and I were having problems and this was HER favorite song and I was just tryin' to score points.

No comments: