Welcome to ToTG!



August 5, 2010

It's National Underwear Day!

national underwear day logo"Official Site"

I remember my mother always telling me to be sure I had on clean underwear in case I was in a wreck. I never did say anything to her, but I always figured that if I was in a wreck, clean underwear might very well be the least of my problems.

Still, I always have on clean underwear. While not as big of an obsession with me as my socks, I have several dozens of pairs of underwear. I doubt that there's more than a couple of pairs of white ones; my underwear collection has more colors than a rainbow. I really like gray, but also buy black, blue, green and a few other colors, some in "Miami Vice" pastels.

That's the only "fancy" thing about my undies; I don't buy the nylon nor silk material but prefer cotton. I've had a few pairs of expensive underwear made of something other than cotton, but didn't like the way it felt against my skin. Plus, they also made me walk a little differently. Don't ask why.

My favorite underwear would either be my Soviet boxers, with the hammer and sickle on them or my several pairs of Hank Hill undies. I am also partial to my King Kong underwear - not making a statement when I wear them, but it's probably just wishful thinking.

What I like most about my underwear collection is that most of my larger/size Large pairs are getting several years old and I've replaced them with medium sizes.

Like I mentioned, I don't obsess about my underwear like I do my socks, but they ARE important to me. I change my undies every day, even if for some reason I miss my daily shower.

It's a comfort to me to think that if I DID get into a wreck, I wouldn't let my mother down.

1 comment:

sharintexas said...

Mother's say that cause we're supposed to say stuff like that. But, I worked in a hospital for a lot of years and had people admitted to our floor from the ER. You'd be surprised at what some of them were wearing (and/or not wearing) I doubt their mothers would have been pleased. I had a nurse I worked with tell a story about the ER in the hospital at Groom (back when they had a hospital) This guy had an accident on I-40 and was brought there. He fought them tooth and toenail when they tried to take off his pants, but they had to so they could access his injuries. Well....seems he had a cucumber taped to the inside of his thigh. Guess he was going to Amarillo for a "big" night on the town (Big being the operative word here!) I'm sure his mother would have settled for him just having on dirty underwear!