Welcome to ToTG!



February 24, 2011

Chapped Lips

I visited one of my favorite websites earlier today, Start Sampling. I always enjoy perusing the recipes and save the best ones. There are also helpful hints every day and one caught my eye: Chapped Lips.

Now, that's an affliction I seldom suffer from, but it reminded me of being a teenager and having chapped lips. (maybe from kissing my girlfriend a little too vigorously and for an extended period of time the night before). I was applying some cherry flavored ChapstickTM and my dad noticed.

"Whattya doin'?" he growled. "Puttin' on yer lipstick?"

With a typical teenage look of disdain at him, I told him I had chapped lips and they hurt.

"No sense in wasting good money on that." he told me. "Sumpthin' else works much better." "What's that?" I asked him.

"Chicken 'manure'." he said. (to be honest, he didn't say "manure".)

"Ewwww." I said in reply, shaking my head in disbelief.

"Will keep ya from lickin' your lips." he said with a deadpan, straight face.

No comments: