Welcome to ToTG!



April 15, 2011

PC Problems - Again

Diagnostics says a faulty fan - I expect it's clogged by Panhandle dust and Beej hair. I might be offline f/ a few days, so if I haven't posted here or to Facebook, that's the likely problem. I'll have to go get a can of compressed air...and maybe a short-haired cat.

Love to all, thanks f/ checking in.

(am glad I finally got online - got up to check on B and came back to find this computer seemingly off, screen dark, but still green light on and when I listened closely, a strange hum. I got it running using the Andy Griffith method in "No Time For Sergeants". I'd hate to have to buy a new computer!)

3 comments:

Mike said...

Happening again, after a short respite. Thought I'd let everyone know.

Barb said...

Maybe splurge on a new, more efficient fan? I have a friend who likes to over clock his pc and insists on two fans to keep his cool.
newegg has a bunch, some with heatsinks

Mike said...

Well, it's gone wonky a couple more times, Barb, but w/ diff. error msgs. The hard drive has made some funky sounds over the last few months, so that might be the problem. Annoying, but at least I have my music files on my external hard drive, along w/ most everything else.