Welcome to ToTG!



March 13, 2012

Ever Clicked the Button?

The time button at the top of the page? If you click it, it will tell you how many milliseconds you've spent on the page as well as how many there have been since 1970. I don't know why the script's creator picked that particular date - maybe it was the day he/she was born, dunno. I tried to alter it once, but screwed it all up, so I just left it as it was.

According to both Blogger and Google site analytics, most visitors to this pathetic excuse for a blog stay less than a minute.

I can't say as I blame 'em.

4 comments:

Barb said...

Well,all those less than a minute visits might be me either checking to see if there is a new post or using the quiz widget to get to quiz.

Mike said...

Aw, that might drive the avg. down a tiny bit, Barb, but I reckon most of the ones who don't stay are those looking for gay dwarfs or photos of my sister's feet.

Not long after I got online, I found some of those free sites that let you have your own space. I made a dozen on them and put links to X-rated sites. This was back when you could manipulate your site ranking with hidden keywords and other tricks. I always used "sex, drugs and rock and roll" among others. Some of the linked sites paid a quarter for each click-through, but most paid a dime. I didn't host any content, just linked to them. I'd often get several thousand hits and several hundred click-thus before I got shut down.

Now, some might say that wasn't very ethical, but I didn't mind. It was like robbing from the thieves, y'know?

Mike said...

"dozen of"

sharintexas said...

Okay, Okay---I'll send you a picture of my feet if it will help keep people on here longer!They may really be interested if they know how well I can use my toes to pick stuff up. :)