Welcome to ToTG!



April 15, 2012

A Helluva Lot Smarter


Me? According to the quiz I am. I've read posts by atheists who seemed to be smarter than me, but what always struck me about most atheists is how hateful they sound when accusing organized religion being full of hate.  I always found it amusing how self-righteous most atheists were in regards to their superiority over the righteous, how hypocritical they were when speaking of religious hypocrisy and their unwavering faith that religious faith is foolish.

From the quiz:

Atheists and agnostics, Jews and Mormons are among the highest-scoring groups in a 32-question survey of religious knowledge by the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life. On average, Americans got 16 of the 32 questions correct. Atheists and agnostics got an average of 20.9 correct answers. Jews (20.5) and Mormons (20.3). Protestants got 16 correct answers on average, while Catholics got 14.7 questions right. How will you do on the quiz?










I think I did fairly well ; here are the questions I missed:

When was the Mormon religion founded?


I didn't know, so I took a guess.   I did mull it over for a while and started to choose the correct answer, but didn't.  I'll admit I don't know much about the Mormon religion, but I suspect we'll all learn more about it if Romney gets the Republican nomination for President.

Which one of these preachers participated in the period of religious activity known as the First Great Awakening?

Totally clueless about this one.  Took a guess and was wrong.

Which of these religious groups traditionally teaches that salvation comes through faith alone?

I was annoyed that  I missed this one but what the hell? (pun intended)


No comments: