Welcome to ToTG!



May 29, 2012

Rude Interruptions

For the entire weekend, my cable has been breaking in at least once an hour with emergency test messages.  These tests are usually limited to once/week, along with the weekly Saturday noon test of the emergency broadcast system. (the last time I complained to them was when they preformed the weekly test when the National Weather Service was warning of a possible tornado in the storm that was going on at the same time. After complaining to the cable company, I found out it was the city that used poor judgment in testing the sirens during the storm)

The message shows up only for a few seconds (it's still doing it), but it's done it at the most annoying times.  The final straw was last night when I was watching Pawn Stars and the owner told a customer "I'll give you...." and then came the message.  I didn't miss but ten seconds of that program, but it was a detail I didn't want to miss.

It made me so p.o.'d I went to the CableOne website and left a message and got an email from them an hour or so ago. (at least I got a reply) Here's what they said:

Thank you for submitting your online inquiry. Unfortunately we are unable to discuss your issue via email. Please call us at 806 273 5258 for further assistance with this matter. We look forward to resolving your issue.

I immediately fired back a response:

Well, I don't understand why it can't be discussed via email;  in fact, I don't really care to discuss it at all, I only want it fixed.

I wonder why it couldn't be discussed in an email?  Even if I called them, I figure they would just apologize and tell me it was a glitch and that there was no one on duty due to the holiday weekend.  I guess I was the only one who complained. I certainly don't see how it could be MY fault. Maybe it's the city's fault again and maybe I'm complaining to the wrong people. Regardless, it's darned annoying.

No comments: