Welcome to ToTG!



June 6, 2012

Firefox 13.0

Firefox just released the newest version of their browser.  From Firefox 13 Tweaks Tabs, Home Pages, Speed and Security

Before the upgrade, when Firefox users clicked to open a new tab, they saw simply a blank page, unlike browsers such as Chrome, Safari or Internet Explorer, which provide users with links to recently opened or favorite sites. Now, the Firefox homepage will feature icons that enable quick access to bookmarks, history, settings, add-ons and downloads. Additionally, when users click for a new tab, they'll see thumbnails to their most recently and frequently visited sites.

I really like the thumbnail part when opening up a new tab and it does seem a little faster.  Only one of my add-ons was not compatible, much fewer than with other releases. 

The funny thing about this is that I've almost always liked the upgrades Firefox has done.  I didn't like the last few MSN Group upgrades and don't like the new Facebook Timeline, so I take offense when people say I (or others) don't like change.  The changes Firefox has done are easier to get used to and are more useful than other "upgrades" I've gone through.  Even going from Windows98 to XP wasn't as bad as trying to get used to the new Timeline. (so that's why I installed some extensions for Firefox that hides it from me!)

I do wish my Windows Media Player on this Vista machine was more like the one I had with my XP computer.  It's definitely not an improvement, I don't care how much they try to convince me otherwise.

The very best upgrade I ever had was going from dial-up to DSL.  Who wouldn't want a hundred times more speed?  (I really need to upgrade to cable, though, but my speed is satisfactory for now)

2 comments:

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sharintexas said...

I just upgraded, too. I very seldom use anything other than Firefox.