Welcome to ToTG!



June 21, 2017

In The Summertime - Mungo Jerry

In honor of the first day of summer.

This song makes me happy, but it also makes me sad that I can remember when it came out in 1970.

Other than it urging the listener to drink and drive - "have a drink, have a drive, go out and see what you can find" - it's a cool tune.




This was a "bump" from last year; I had posted the video on my Facebook wall earlier and thought I'd just come here and force it to the top of the page again. When doing a search, I found another, different version of this tune I had posted back in 2008.

Sorry, but it's a cool song, no matter how many times I post or bump it up!

6 comments:

Barb said...

Love the clothing, shoes, hair, accessories, a perfect slice of the era.

Barb said...

You know, every time you post an old tune like this I go have a listen on YouTube. Then there are always more songs I click on. Time allowing I end up clicking through 10 or more songs by the time I am done.

Mike said...

Oh, I do that too, Barb. I was looking at a video earlier, then there was another about landing a plane. Love aircraft and wound up watching a dozen more take-offs and landings. I bookmarked it so I can go back.

I do that on websites, too, particularly news sites where I go to read an article, then see another headline I want to learn more about. I'm really bad about following links to links to links on "odd news".

I also do it at Amazon. Just the other day I was looking (again) at ice cream makers and after looking at one, looked at ten more, then looked at ice cream scoops, ice cream cartons, ice cream molds and ice cream recipe books. From there I went to other desert making tools and went to look at sno cone machines and ice shavers, then the syrups and all that... and then on to popcorn poppers and the different kinds of popcorn for sale. I spent an hour looking at stuff when all I went in there to do was look at the price of a single machine.

sharintexas said...

I've always loved this song....summer-not so much!

sharintexas said...

What I said back in 2012 still goes in 2017! Summer is not my favorite time of the year at all!

Mike said...

I'm w/ you sis; I like fall best of all; warm days, cool nights, football starts and reduced chances of tornadoes.