Welcome to ToTG!



September 1, 2012

13 Reasons

To adopt a black cat:

1. You can’t tell if they’re dirty, and their teeth always look white!
2. A black cat is a great accessory to any outfit, and they go with everything.
3. Black is very slimming—holding your cat will make you look extra-slender.
4. Save time on date night—you don’t need to use the lint brush on your black dress.
5. Your cat doesn’t care what color YOUR hair is!
6. Black cats are the most fun to play hide and seek with.
7. They have a “black belt” in cuddling.
8. You’ll never need to go shopping for Halloween decorations.
9. In most cultures, a black cat in your home brings good luck!
10. A black cat will help you celebrate your inner “Goth.”
11. They are always in the best-dressed category.
12. They make you look beyond the surface to find true love and beauty.
13. They are the least likely to be adopted and need your love the most!


7 comments:

Laura said...

Awww, cute and funny----all in one post! You're not suggesting that The Beej is up for adoption, are you?

Mike said...

Sometimes I'd like to send him off. Aw, just kidding. I do love him, but he's not nearly as good of a cat as the first B-cat. I had people try to buy him; I've never seen a cat that was more affectionate and so smart and brave. This B is only affectionate when he's hungry or cold and he isn't all that bright.

Mike said...

If I found out that my black cats were responsible for what bad luck I've had while I've owned them, I wouldn't change a thing - I'd still want my B cats.

I've got a videotape w/ me lugging our Blackie cat around when I was just a baby. He was born on the same day as I was and went off somewhere and never returned when I was about 13. A coyote *might* have got him, but I doubt it - that huge old cat fought a bobcat out in our driveway late one night, woke us all up. No, I expect he just went off somewhere to die.

I keep meaning to transfer that and other childhood videos to digital. I might do that later today if I can find the cables I need.

Barb said...

# 13 is so true. Love the photo, he looks blissed out.

sharintexas said...

I hope you can always have a B cat, Mike. I was thinking we weren't too original with naming our pets when we were growing up. The black cat was Blackie, the white dog was Whitey, and the deer was Bambi. But, I wont mention what Dad named the raccoon! LOL!! You should share the picture of Bambi licking the grape jelly off your face.

Mike said...

Yeah, wasn't thinking of Blackie being the original "B-cat", Sis.

Not sure if I have that photo, but it's in my h.s. annual. Wish I had the photo of me holding the bobcat at the liquor store.

Carolea said...

I think a house isn't a home w/o a cat.