Welcome to ToTG!



October 29, 2012

The Galloping Gourmet

Better than 90% of the Food Network programs on today, The Galloping Gourmet was one of my favorite TV shows when I was growing up.   I'll never forget watching the show right before lunch one summer and my dad coming in from work and growling "What are you watching?"  I told him it was a cooking show and I think he probably wondered what sort of boy he had sired.  It didn't take but a few minutes of watching before he too was laughing at Graham Kerr's funny stories and cooking techniques, both done with frequent gulps from the ubiquitous glass of wine always at hand.

If you've got 20 or so minutes, watch this video;  if you're pressed for time, at least watch the first few minutes to understand why I loved this show and how it was the forerunner of today's cooking shows.  Julia Child had the first well-known cooking show, but Graham Kerr was the best!

Beer and Rump Pot Roast

No comments: