Welcome to ToTG!



November 9, 2012

Time to Reboot

Dear Republicans,

You've got a problem:



I really don't think it's possible to "continue normally".

Clear cache, cookies, run HijackThis, look through the logfile, fix the errors, reboot.

Install True Conservatism...you know, the one that's for limited government, lower taxes, personal responsibility, etc.  Open up the big tent, kick the RINOs out, along with the racists, the gay bashers and religious extremists. Let in the conservative libertarians and stop harping on the social issues. Stop it with the anti-abortion and anti-gay stands; neither are illegal, haven't you heard?  Abortion is here to stay and gay marriage won't be the downfall of this great nation, but the continued loss of our liberties very well may be.  If you don't back off on these two issues, you'll never get the future generation on your side.

Lead by example, don't preach down to people. If you're going to talk the talk, you'd damn well better walk the walk.

There's really not much wrong, after all.




Of course, you can ignore my advice and continue down the losing path, but don't expect another vote from me.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Saw that map on Druge (yup, I read Drudge, shocking, I know) and I was surprised by how consolidated the spread was. we really have become a polarized electorate. I guess it would be too much to expect to see some purple on that map.

Mike said...

Drudge has a slant towards the right, but the site is really just a news aggregator. I appreciate the site because it's not totally one-sided and will link to articles critical of the right. The site is in my News bookmark folder, but the main reason I often visit it is because my mom loved the site.

I certainly don't consider myself "blue" but I can't really identify myself as "red", either, at least not by strict Republican standards. I'd be a "light purple", I guess. (lavender? roflmao)

Mike said...

Actually, the map isn't representative of the country's political views, at least not population-wise. It shows area, not population. Still, it's a wonder that the Republicans don't control more of Congress at least.