Welcome to ToTG!



December 3, 2012

Top 100 Classic Rock Songs

Top 100 Classic Rock Songs of All Time

Other than the order, it would be hard for me to argue against the songs on this list; they're all in my mp3 jukebox.  Oh, I suppose if I wanted to nitpick, I wouldn't have included Hotel California or Imagine, but I don't object enough to their being on the list to fuss about it.  It's a little too heavy on Led Zepplin for my taste, but I understand why the songs are included.

What do you think? Did they miss any? Are there any songs on the list you wouldn't have included?

3 comments:

Barb said...

No Molly Hatchet "Flirtin' With Disaster", Or Foghat "Slow Ride"? Neil Young "Cinnamon Girl"? Heart "Barracuda"? Grand Funk? Jethro Tull?

I guess with just 100 slots there's always going to be someone left out

Mike said...

Yep, I wouldn't disagree w/ those tunes being on the list, either. It is sort of hard narrowing it down to a hundred, huh?

Back when I was going to school and working part-time at the liquor store, the owner's son had a club and he and another guy had a pretty good weekend bringing in a local/Amarillo area band, so they thought they'd promote a little bit bigger concert and booked Molly Hatchet to play at the city auditorium. They didn't even break even, it was '89, I guess and too many people didn't have a clue as to who Molly Hatchet was. I believe the band broke up not long after that.

I'm trying to remember who the opening band was, but am drawing a blank. Seems like it was Stryker, but I might be wrong.

Barb said...

.38 Special, Marshall Tucker Band, Charlie Daniels, The Outlaws, Point Blank, Black Oak Arkansas, The Edgar Winter Group anyone who was or had ever been in Lynrd Skynyrd...the list goes on and on. I happen to like that genera better than most of the slickly produced metal and such from the 80's