Welcome to ToTG!



February 4, 2013

testmy.net


Take a "truly accurate speed test" at testmy.net.

From the site: TestMy.net is the first and only fully HTML5 & PHP driven speed test online. Unlike other connection speed tests that require third party applications like Flash or Java, TMN uses only your web browser. This makes TestMy's speed test more sensitive to browser misconfiguration and is an excellent way to highlight performance differences between browsers. Users of TMN can see all browsers are not created equally.

Why Should I Test My Speed?

Simple, to make sure you're getting what you pay for. This speed test is useful if you feel a connection slow down or want to see how your Internet is performing. This isn't like any other broadband speed test. TestMy's proprietary method is proven to help identify issues other speed tests fail to detect. The TMN Speed Test shows your true speed.

testmy.net

2 comments:

Carolea said...

TY Mike. I live gadgets!

Mike said...

This is now my go-to speed test. I've tried a lot of them, but some of them are JAVA applets and there's been some huge security concerns with that over the last few months. (I now not only have the plug-in disabled in my Firefox browser, but also for the computer)

I've got another post I need to work up, comparing the speed for ea. of the four browsers I have installed on this computer. (I un-installed Internet Explorer a few months back. I discovered the much better Firefox browser near the end of Groups, but didn't use it because it didn't work so well w/ them)