Welcome to ToTG!



March 29, 2013

Rank & Worth

ToTG is ranked #8,129,387 in the world according to Website Value. Different sites give some vastly different rankings, especially in what ToTG is "worth". ValueMyWeb says it's worth $499. I've said this before, but I'd sell it for that in a New York minute except I was taught to never cheat anyone.

webArbiter says it's worth $457. Yeah, right.

Alexa, arguably the most accurate of these types of statistics sites, globally ranks ToTG #23,066,013.

SiteWorthGet said this blog was worth $139, but after updating the information, its worth is now $109. I shouldn't have updated it, it depreciated 21 bucks with one mouse click! (the content has greatly depreciated over the years since I started it, too)

OTOH, siteworthchecker had a value of Zero, Zilch, Nada...the big ol' goose egg $0 but after an update, it is also now valued at $109. To be honest, that still seems way too a little high.

I guess "worth" means the potential for earning, but since there's no ads, that's a moot point. The numbers vary from site-to-site, but most of the estimated earnings come in at around ten bucks/month. It's worth $10 to me to NOT subject my few readers to ads and the potential for trojans/viruses many hosted ads contain not to mention the invasion of privacy and all-around annoyance of them.  I use various ad block extensions on my Firefox browser and I expect many others do as well.  If not, they should. 

urlpulse says it's ranked #28,916,047 in the world, #2,318,571 in the United States and worth $855.30, with a value per visitor of .03 cents.

Maybe that's why this blog doesn't get many visitors or many people leaving their two cents worth. I'd hate to post here too and have my worth devalued by 2/3.

4 comments:

Carolea said...

I try to come here every day. I always enjoy reading Your posts Mike

Mike said...

I appreciate you stopping by, Beary. I would keep doing this even if I didn't get any visitors, I reckon. It's a good, free hobby and I enjoy it, guess that's what really matters, huh? I sometimes see a hit on an old post and go look at it, esp. if it's a video (to see if the link is still valid) and get to looking through stuff I had forgotten I had posted. Sometimes I give 'em a "bump" if I like the posts and think that maybe no one else saw it. I used to post so much that sometimes the previous day's post would be on the next "page".

Thanks for posting!

Barb said...

I'm glad you're ad free, although I'd never begrudge you earning a little bit from this hobby.

Carolea said...

Hi Barb and Mike. enjoy reading you both. Everyone should have something in life to enjoy.